Monday, April 05, 2010

Laura Munson's Rest of the Story...Not What You Think



posted by Michele Olson

Good Morning America on ABC revisited a subject of our Aug. 3,2009 blog about Laura Munson’s unusual tactics to save her marriage. She now has a book out called: This Is Not The Story You Think It Is: A Season of Unlikely Happiness. Basically Laura woke up one day to hear these words from her spouse “I don’t love you anymore, I don’t know if I ever loved you.” That isn’t that uncommon unfortunately. What’s different about Laura’s story is her reaction. She replied: I don’t buy it.

Not a typical response.

In Laura’s words from her book:
At this moment in my life, I am not sure where my husband is. He left last night to bring the trash to the dump after announcing that he's not sure he loves me anymore, and hasn't come home. He isn't answering his cell phone. He isn't responding to texts.
But I don't buy it. The part about him not loving me. As much as it's devastating to hear, I believe there's more to the story. I believe he's in a state of personal crisis. I believe this is about him.’’
She basically gives him a time frame to figure this out…she gives him time to do what he has to do to get to the bottom of what he is feeling. It was a risk, because in the meantime, she sat with all the feelings that go along with hearing someone doesn’t love you and she didn’t get to go off the deep end. Instead, she waited for a possibly better outcome. And it worked. Check out our past blogs and this new ABC report, plus the book. The excerpt seems like it’s a good read on many levels.

What do you think? Have you been in Laura’s shoes?

No comments: