Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Short Quiz, How Well Do You Know Your Spouse?


Posted by Michele Olson


Short Quiz: How Well Do You Know Your Spouse?

Whether you’ve recently walked down the aisle or you’ve been married for years…how well do you know your spouse? Take this short T, F quiz* to see how you are doing.

I can name my spouse’s best friends T or F

I know my spouse’s favorite type of music T or F

I know my spouse’s most stressful childhood event T or F

I know my spouse’s most embarrassing moment T or F

I know what my spouse would do if he or she won the lottery T or F

I know what my spouse’s ideal job would be T or F

I know my spouse’s ideal place to live T or F

I know the things that currently cause my spouse stress T or F

I know the names of the people that have irritated my spouse recently T or F

I know some of my spouse’s life dreams T or F

I am very familiar with my spouse’s religious beliefs T or F

I know my spouse’s favorite and least favorite relatives T or F

I feel like my spouse knows me pretty well T or F

I trust my spouse T or F

My spouse trusts me T or F

Were you able to answer “True” to more than half of the questions? If so, you know your spouse fairly well. This is the perfect time to find out the answers to the questions you didn’t know. It gives each of you questions to ask of each other. Enjoy the conversation. Get to know your spouse even better.

Care to share? How did you do on the quiz? Were you surprised by any of the answers?


*Quiz from Alabama Cooperative Extension System; The Healthy Marriage Handbook –Adapted from Gottman, The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, 1999

No comments: